Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Special Delivery!

We ventured out in the rain on Friday after Thanksgiving to pick out our tree. It stayed in the garage to dry out some before coming in the house and Karlee asked a million times when it was time to decorate the tree. Sunday morning, Karlee woke to find a special guest with a special package for her. Mr. Sprinkles had made his way back to our house from the North Pole! He delivered Karlee's box of Christmas ornaments that she has been waiting for. She could not wait to get in the box and check out the ornaments.





Chip quickly strung the lights (I could only keep Karlee out of his way for a short time period!). So, there aren't as many lights on our tree this year as I would like but I will get over it! Once the last lights were strung, Karlee dung in her box and started hanging ornaments. There were a ton in one spot right at Karlee's eye level! She let me help her spread them out and she handed me the ones to put higher on the tree. She was also pretty adamant about where each one went!



After the big tree was finished, Karlee kept calling it her tree. I could foresee the future of her wanting to play with the ornaments so I had a bright idea. I pulled an old little fake tree out of the attic and the bag of plastic balls I bought Karlee's first Christmas in case she messed with the tree. We set it up in the dining room and I told Karlee that was her special tree that she could play with and decorate. She was super pumped to decorate and it is definitely her tree! Now she keeps asking when Santa will put presents under her tree.



Madelyn just hung out in the swing like she usually does without a care in the world. I think she likes the lights and Christmas music that is always playing though.



I don't have a picture of this because I was busy videoing but Karlee sat on the hearth and looked in the fireplace after the house was decorated. She called for Santa by saying, "Santa, where are you? Mommy when is Santa coming?" Several times throughout the day she would walk over to the fireplace and ask if Santa was coming yet. I think she gets it this year!

It warms my heart for Karlee to know that Christmas is also the birthday of Jesus. She keeps asking if we are going to Jesus' birthday party and blow out candles. Looks like we will be making Jesus a birthday cake so Karlee can blow out the candles on Christmas day. That seems like a great tradition to start!

No comments: