Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cookies for Santa

Being on maternity leave during the holidays has been so much fun. I've had time to play with Karlee and do fun activities with her. The past two years we've had to cram things in already jam packed weekends or fit time in after work.

We have baked cookies several times. Let me just say, I am NOT Betty Crocker when it comes to cookies. A few weeks ago I tried to make cookie dough and use Christmas cookie cutters to make cute cookies. Karlee and I had flour all over the kitchen and were covered head to toe with it. The cookies did not turn out but we laughed hysterically through the whole process!!

When it came time to make cookies for Santa, I opted for store bought (take out of the package and plop on a cookie sheet) cookies. Karlee didn't care and she had fun arranging them on the cookie sheet.




While the cookies were baking, Karlee helped me unwrap Reese cups. We had a good assembly line going of her taking the foil off and me taking the paper off. The line slowed down some when Karlee decided to take both off and eat them!




I put the Reese cups on the cookies since the pan was hot. Karlee sprinkled sugar on all of them and we had wonderful cookies for us to eat and to share with Santa. We also shared some with our sweet UPS man that had come to our house just about every day. I did most of my shopping online this year. Christmas shopping with two kids just scared the heck out of me!



We also made vanilla covered Oreos. I don't have any pictures of that process. Karlee and I were way too sticky with vanilla covered fingers to stop and take pictures! I want Karlee to learn that traditions are not the fancy homemade cookies that matter. It's the fun you have while doing things that you'll remember. Man did we have fun with our store bought cookies!

No comments: