Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

Due to the busy day before with no nap, we let Karlee sleep until 7:30 before waking her up Christmas morning. Every morning when I get Karlee out of bed, she would ask if Santa had come yet. I now got to tell her YES! She walked out of her room and peaked through the banister to see below. Her face was just lit up. I don't have a picture of her first reaction because I was manning the video camera but it's on video. Words just can't describe it. This is the first year she has truly got what is going on. She ran to check out the cookie and milk situation. Santa had left a piece of cookie so Karlee finished it off! She then headed for her stocking first.

She has turned several clothes hangers into bow and arrows so now she has a real one (and is a dead ringer on a target now!).

All she kept telling people she wanted for Christmas was a green and yellow tractor like her daddy's. Well, here it is!
She started jumping for joy when she got on it!
Next she opened her horse swing. For some reason, Karlee is in love with horses. Now she has one to ride that doesn't require any maintenance!
Checking out the dress up clothes (Santa thought she needed some little girl things too!).
But guess what she wanted to wear first!
Trying out her new camera. I think she took as many pictures as I did that day. Can't wait to download them and see what she captured (probably lots of carpet and walls!). And, yes, Santa brought the Alabama football that Karlee asked for. Mrs. Claus wasn't really happy about it but Mr. Claus was ecstatic!
Karlee opened Madelyn's gifts and loaded them in the bed of the tractor!
Sweet Madelyn just hung out in her swing and didn't have a care in the world. This time next year, she'll be 14 months old and chasing her sister everywhere.
Chip has been eyeing this box for a few weeks. I had it stuffed behind the tree with presents piled on top of it. My hiding techniques didn't work too well! He's been trying to pry out of me what it was and I just loved it. I have only totally surprised Chip at Christmas once. This year makes twice! A new trolling motor for his boat. He cusses about the one on his boat every time he goes fishing. I had a little help on the right kind to get from a fishing friend. Chip was like a kid opening it.
Finally getting outside to brave the cold and ride the tractor.
Time for some deer hunting now!
Trying out the horse swing.
My sweet cheeks just hanging out on the play mat.
Aunt Nina came to visit and eat lunch.
After getting the girls ready for bed, I looked outside and had to wipe my eyes to make sure I was seeing correctly. SNOW! I've never seen snow on Christmas day in my entire life. Having it for Madelyn's first Christmas was just amazing. A little gift from above.
I just had to let Karlee outside for a brief minute since we didn't know how long it would last. Too bad it was gone the next day. It snowed off and on Sunday but not enough to amount to anything. The wind was blowing about 20 mph so nothing was hitting the ground at our house.
I have to mention that I had a pretty good Christmas too. After opening all the gifts, Chip and I finally made it to our stockings. It's usually just little stuff like razors and underwear. But, at the very bottom of mine, I found a little box. Let's just say, Chip totally knocked my socks off. I must have been a very good girl this year!

No comments: