Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

All About Madelyn

My sweet cheeks doesn't get much blog attention. Mainly because all she does is eat, sleep, and poop! Madelyn turned 2 months old yesterday. Yeah I know. It has flown by. It's amazing how much she has grown over 2 months. We go for a check up on the 13th. I'm really interested to know how much she weighs now.

First day home from the hospital

One month

Two months



Madelyn's cord stump fell off at 2 weeks (Karlee's fell off at 4 weeks). So, she had her first bath. I think she's going to be like Karlee and love water. She just relaxes in her seat (until Karlee splashes water in her eyes). Most baths involve both girls in the tub with me!





We had a long spell of Madelyn not sleeping well at night. That has slowly gotten better and she only wakes once a night now. (I hope I didn't just jinx it!). She coos and smiles all the time when she's awake. Madelyn is a happy baby for the most part. She definitely lets you know when she's hungry and has a dirty diaper. She hates to be left alone and would prefer to be held all the time. With an active almost 3 year old at home, that's just hard to do sometimes. Poor Madelyn gets left in the swing while I tend to Karlee's needs most of the time.

I think Madelyn's favorite place to be in the entire house is my bathroom counter. This is where diaper changing and dressing happens downstairs. She can be screaming bloody murder and instantly stops when put on the changing pad. I think it's all the lights and the mirror. Karlee loved it too at this age and I even have a blog post about it in early 2008. Check out this chunkster!



A big thing that has happened lately is the thumb. December 26th while we were eating dinner, I looked over at the noise Madelyn was making. She was sucking all over her hand. Then, POP! In went the thumb and it stayed. She does this all the time now, so Madelyn is a thumb sucker. I find it pretty dang funny too. Her middle name is my brother's middle name. Adam sucked his thumb a LONG time. I won't tell you how long to spare him the embarrassment! So, Madelyn was definitely named after the right person. I sit and watch her get after that thumb in amazement. Karlee never took a paci or anything so this just amazes me at how early thumb sucking starts. But, when the thumb goes in, the eyes close. I now leave one arm out of the swaddle and it's great at night.





Big sister Karlee lovers her little sister now and it's so much fun to watch them. Madelyn just stares and coos at her especially when Karlee is in her face while I'm changing a diaper. Seeing Karlee usually creates a little smile on Madelyn's face (until she gets tired of being bothered!).

2 comments:

Play Baccarat said...

The matchless message, is interesting to me :)

Anonymous said...

lets see her pu--y mum, I will turn her from a thumbsycker into a c--ksucker