Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Let the Christmas Celebrations Begin

The Saturday before Christmas kicked off the start of family Christmas get-togethers. We had dinner with my dad's side of the family at Mawmaw's house. This side of the family is small and low-key. We only exchange gifts with Mawmaw and it's nice and quiet.




Mawmaw has made hand-made books for Karlee since her first Christmas. This is Madelyn's first one. I cherish these. Toys will be given away or thrown away eventually. These will last forever.



Then you get to Sunday with my mom's side of the family. There's tons of people, it's loud, there's lots of yummy food, dirty Santa, and tons of fun and laughs. We draw names for the kids and the adults play dirty Santa. Even though we draw names, the aunts and uncles still get presents for all the kids. My cousin Ashley suggested that all the aunts and uncles pool their money they usually spend on the kids and give to a needy family next year. Our children get way too many presents and their are kids in our community that go without gifts on Christmas every year. All the cousins agreed so we'll see next year what happens!

Karlee and I found a hole in the living room to sit in for her gift opening. The hole wasn't big enough!



My Granny loves opening presents more than any kid I know. I just love watching her face light up with every one.


Karlee helped her daddy open Madelyn's gifts. I told everyone that Madelyn only needed diapers. That went in one ear and out the other for all gift givers except one!


Granny asked to be serenaded by my mom and uncle Byron (the only singers in the family). After "The Lord's Prayer", all eyes were teary.


Madelyn got passed around like a hot potato and slept through all of it.


Karlee and Lila decided they had enough of the craziness and escaped to Karlee's room to watch movies. What smart little girls!!

No comments: