Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Date nights with Karlee

Fantasy in Lights

We took our annual trip to Callaway to see Fantasy in Lights on the 16th. We have gone with the Dilworth's and the Galimore's every year since way before kids. The Henthorne's have joined us several years too. This year, Hudson Galimore was sick so they all stayed home. We sure did miss them. Madelyn stayed home with my parents too. We were riding the trolley and it was just way too cold (and raining). I think Karlee enjoyed the one on one time with us too.

We started the night off under the tent to see all the characters and the big man in red. Once Karlee caught sight of Rudolph, she thought he was hers AND ONLY HERS! She didn't want any other kids to come close to him. A big discussion about sharing took place with a few tears.






Mickey's Magic Show

Several months ago, I ordered tickets for Chip and I to take Karlee to see Disney Live: Mickey's Magic Show in Columbus. I knew by December 17, Karlee would probably be ready for some "Karlee only" time with us. (The Callaway trip was just a bonus!)

We had amazing seats! The show was spectacular. We weren't allowed to take pictures during the show (even though several people around us were). Karlee has been doing magic tricks and "making things disappear" ever since. She adores Mickey and the whole Playhouse gang. I have to say I enjoyed the show as much as her. Magic tricks have always fascinated me.


No comments: