Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Best of Both Worlds

Karlee can definitely show her prissy side sometimes. Lately, when I am in the bathroom putting on makeup (which isn't often these days!), she comes in saying "I want some." I got a whole batch of new products for Christmas so I saved my old stuff for Karlee. She has her own makeup bag full of all kinds of makeup.

I was changing Madelyn's diaper and getting her dressed Friday morning. I was not paying any attention to what Karlee was doing. When Karlee said "do I look pretty?" I turned to look at her. I responded "Beautiful!" What else could I say? I think it's time for a little lesson on how to apply eyeshadow! I ran for the camera before she moved on to playing with something else.




After convincing Karlee to at least let me clean up her eyes, I got her dressed and we all headed to Keisel Park for some much needed outdoor play time. It was 68 degrees on New Year's Eve and beautiful. We wanted Karlee to get some practice in open space riding her tractor. Riding in circles around the house was getting kind of old for all of us!




Karlee hopped on the tractor and started merrily along. She would stop, turn around, and wave saying "come on Madelyn." She didn't want to leave little sister behind. And here is where Madelyn was. A 96.7 degree body strapped to my 96.7 degree body in 68 degree sunny weather. This momma was HOT and SWEATY at the end of this trip. The blanket quickly came off!



We explored parts of Keisel Park I didn't even know existed. Chip taught Karlee how to steer it and how to stay on the gravel path. She would stop to pick up rocks and sticks to put in the back. Then, dump then out and pick up more.




Poor Karlee has some of her Grandaddy in her. She said "Faster, faster" when Chip asked her if she wanted him to change to speed. Once he changed it to the fast setting, we both had to pick up our trot to keep up with her. Her need for speed may get her in trouble once she turns 16!



I absolutely love it that Karlee has the best of both worlds. She can be calm and prissy when she wants to be and she can be total tomboy when she wants to be. People ask Chip ALL THE TIME if he is upset he didn't have a boy. His response, "Nope. I have exactly what I need." He keeps telling me when Karlee is old enough to go fishing with him, that I can't tell her "no" if she wants to go every weekend. We'll just see about that!

No comments: