Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ballerina Time!!!



I know I am overly excited about Karlee starting ballet. When I was lying on the table at Lee OB and I was told I was having a girl, I immediately started thinking about pink tutus and ballet shoes! I grew up dancing at Nix Dance in Opelika (13 years). I even won Dancer of the Year!

I am not going to push Karlee or Madelyn to dance by any means. We are planning on signing them both up for whatever they want to do and let them figure out what they like (fingers crossed it's dancing!!). Karlee's first class was last night. I taught her a few ballet positions before we left the house.




She is taking pre-ballet at Dean Road Rec Center. I wanted to introduce her to ballet for a small increment of time to see if she likes it. If she does, then Nix Dance will have a new ballerina starting in the fall!

We had a very short parent orientation before class then the mommies were shuffled out the door. We are not allowed in the room to watch because of distractions. They will have a performance for us on the last day of class in March. Karlee was a little hesitant about me leaving but it didn't last long. She was told to stand in a circle and hold hands with the other little girls. I managed to snap this picture with my phone before the door was shut. She was finally okay with me leaving so I didn't want to ask her to turn around for a picture. She was standing in position like she was told!



With the hustle of getting Karlee dressed and Madelyn in her car seat, I forgot my camera. I just don't have the "getting two kids ready by a certain time" thing down yet!

No comments: