Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Big 3!

Karlee turned 3 on Tuesday. I just can't believe it. This has been the fastest but most fun 3 years of my life. I just can't put into words how I feel about Karlee. She is such a joy and the most precious, kind-hearted child in the world (in my opinion!). I had no idea how much love you could truly have for someone until she was born. Don't get me wrong, I love Chip with all my heart but love for a child is just different. I feel like it was yesterday that I was pouring tears holding and kissing her for the first time.



I cried some on Tuesday too. The thought of how fast time has flown and looking at Madelyn knowing the same thing is happening with her. I'm just trying to savor every moment with both my girls.

Madelyn and I woke Karlee before school by singing Happy Birthday as we opened her door. She sat up and said "it's my birthday! We get to have a party with animals again!" I had to break the sad news that we weren't having another animal party that day. We headed downstairs and Karlee helped make chocolate chip pancakes. She was excited to tell me she was 3!



I took cupcakes to school at snack time and all the kids sang Happy Birthday. It was so cute! There are several kids out with strep, which Karlee now has. This is the second year in a row she has gotten strep on her birthday. That is not a good birthday present, trust me.



Chip cooked an amazing birthday dinner for us, my parents, his parents, Mawmaw, Adam, and Erin. We followed it with cake and ice cream and the most important thing to Karlee, presents! We actually had to open presents before eating cake. The cupcakes did me in for baking for a while so we had red velvet cheesecake from Gourmet Tiger!




Karlee was spoiled by everyone. But I have to say, the gift from Grandmomma and Grandaddy is going back to their house to be played with there. There are enough instruments to start a family rock band: Adam on drums, Karlee on harmonica, and Madelyn on maracas!






It was a special day for my sweet angel. Karlee, you are the light of our lives. Mommy, Daddy, and Madelyn love you so much. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Everday Edwards said...

What a sweet post! What a precious birthday girl. Maybe no strep next year.

Jaimi