Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Petting Zoo Party Fun




We had Karlee's birthday party at Pat Starr's farm on Saturday. Karlee was so excited about her animal party and talked about it all week. It was a beautiful day but down right COLD!

Karlee met Charlie the donkey when we arrived and took off to show Granna and Granpa all the other animals while Chip and I got things set up. She knew her way around the farm pretty well because we had taken her there the previous Monday to check everything out. I put out the cupcakes that I had spent the entire day Friday making (never will I do these again!!). As soon as I did, the pet deer, Bucky, came sniffing around. I had to make sure no other loose animals were lurking around to eat my hard work!





Karlee's friends started showing up and it was clear the party was going to be a lot of fun. Kids were running everywhere to see all the animals that were tied to trees and fences. Miniature horses, goats, donkeys, and the deer were just out to be played with. A horse was available for riding to the ones that wanted to. Karlee would have stayed on the horse all day had I let her!





We loaded up on a hay ride and went to the other side of the farm to feed the cows.




When we pulled back to the side where all the animals were, the camel and llamas were waiting for us. The camel is what Karlee had been ready to see again all week. His name is Travis and is the sweetest thing. All of the kids enjoyed feeding him. Hudson was the first to sit on him and then it was a merry go round of putting kids on and taking kids off. Hudson was the only kid to let Travis stand!







Once the kids had moved on to play with other animals, the real entertainment of the party started! Pat Starr had talked Chip into riding the camel. Pat was experimenting to see if the camel could hold an adult. Just sitting on the standing camel turned into opening the gate and letting the camel walk around the pasture with Chip on his back. The poor camel was literally screaming to get Chip to get off his back. It was hilarious!






Pat brought out some baby goats for everyone to hold and play with. They were so cute. I thought about asking Chip if we could bring one home, but then, that would just be another mouth I would have to feed. I'll just settle with playing with them on the farm!





After settling down from laughter, we cleaned hands and sang happy birthday. The kiddos picked a pig or chick cupcake and enjoyed talking to each other about the animals. Karlee had to sit by Hugh Harris to eat. This is her boyfriend from school (as she says)! Her teachers say they are inseparable in class.





Thomas Dilworth said, "Mrs. Allyson, let's do this again!" Music to my ears. I was so glad the kids enjoyed the petting zoo farm even though it was so cold. The only thing I would have changed was had someone else take the pictures for me. It was hard to capture everything and everyone because there were so many cute moments (and I didn't change my camera settings for outdoor sunny day pics). I will definitely have to plan a play date out there when the weather warms up more. Before we left, Grandaddy helped Karlee catch a duck and feed Bucky and Charlie before they were put back in the barn.



No comments: