Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Fun with the Fishies

Another rain filled week last week made for a fun filled Friday. Chip decided that there was nothing keeping him at the office on Friday so he came home to spend the day with me and Karlee. We decided to jump in the car and head to Atlanta to take Karlee to the aquarium. We thought we were doing a good thing by going before Spring Break on a week day. Boy were we wrong. It was shoulder to shoulder crowded and very irritating to me and Chip. Karlee didn't know the difference and had a ball. That's all that matters. I later found out that Georgia schools were out for some kind of holiday on Friday.

Karlee just squeezed her little self right to the front every time. She plastered herself to every window and just looked completely amazed by everything she saw. The sharks and penguins were her favorite and she kept asking to see more of them. She would see the next section of the aquarium and say "Look, more fish. I see sharks."






It was a fun day. The trip was also Karlee's first trip to Atlanta. She was just excited to see the airplanes flying over our heads and the tall buildings. We could have just drove around downtown all day and Karlee would have been entertained. She would point and say "ooooooo, tall buildings!" She called the peach sculpture you see when you come into downtown a pumpkin. This child doesn't miss a thing. She would see things on billboards and talk about them. She definitely had me and Chip looking more at the surroundings to see what she was talking about. I usually have my eyes closed just waiting to get out of all that traffic!!

I love our little spontaneous trips we take. I hope Karlee loves and enjoys them as much as we do. Before she was born, Chip and I used to just hop in the car and take off to see what fun we could find. I am so glad Karlee just goes with the flow and is an easy car rider. I think she knows something fun will come out of these crazy trips!

No comments: