Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

2 year stats



We finally got in to see Dr. Greer Friday for Karlee's 2 year check up. She weighs 21.8 pounds and is 35 inches tall. Dr. Greer was concerned about her weight a little. He said she has fallen off the growth chart which is usually a sign of failure to thrive. But, he said her height and head circumference were right on the money. Her physical and verbal skills are above average too. So, he wasn't as concerned as he would be if all of this wasn't fine.

He was also comforted to know that Karlee is exactly the same way I was as a child. I didn't start gaining weight until my sophomore year in college. Karlee is just going to be petite like I was. My mom had the hardest time finding clothes to fit me my entire childhood. Now I'm dealing with that now. 12 month pants fit her in the waist but are a little too short. Looks like I'm just going to have to add ruffles to them for a while to add more length! Karlee eats like a horse but is just very active. Her normal breakfast consists of 2-3 bowls of cereal or 2 packs of oatmeal. I told Dr. Greer that Karlee only eats healthy snacks and she hardly ever gets junk food unless she is at the grandparents house. We just don't keep that stuff in our house because I would eat all of it! I guess we should start feeding her ice cream and donuts.

I am dealing with a problem now of not being able to find big girl panties that will fit Karlee. We are starting "boot camp" potty training after tax season. The smallest size I can find are 2T and they fall to her feet as soon as I pull them up. I'm going to try shrinking them today to see if that helps. Does anyone know where to find smaller sizes?

No comments: