Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Decorating Easter Eggs!!

After school Monday, Karlee came home to boiled eggs just waiting for some color. We dyed Easter eggs for the first time and Karlee thought it was pretty neat. She kept a close eye on the eggs as they were in the dying process. She kept saying "look mommy, they are painting."



We let them dye as we ate lunch and then it was time to take them out and see our masterpieces! I was trying to take pictures and keep Karlee from knocking over the cups or reaching in with her hand to just pick up the eggs! This picture is Karlee's "cheese" face!



We set them out to dry during Karlee's nap. She woke up saying "see my eggs." So, we headed downstairs and I got out the Easter stickers for Karlee to add her touch to them. She was concentrating so hard on getting the stickers on just right.




Karlee was so proud of her eggs! She wants to look at them everyday and the basket has to sit on the table beside her whenever she eats. I keep telling her that the Easter Bunny is going to take them and leave her special treats on Sunday. I hope she likes the treats and doesn't pitch a fit that her eggs are gone!



I hope to keep up the egg dying tradition. My mom has dyed Easter eggs my whole life. She still dyes them for my dad because he wants to eat colored eggs at Easter!

No comments: