Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New School for the Summer



Karlee will start Indian Pines Country Day School in the Fall. It's a 5 day a week program. I'm not sure she is going to like going to school 5 days a week but she needs to get used to it some time. The school offers a summer program that is 3 days a week for 8 weeks. I thought it may be a good idea to introduce Karlee to a new school at 3 day intervals rather than being out an entire summer and then starting a new school that will meet 5 days in a row.

The summer program started yesterday. I've been telling Karlee about her new school for a while. We even went by there last week for Karlee to see it and play on the playground. I walked her to the door yesterday and she went in with the rest of the kids. She got a little skittish when the teacher started talking to her but it didn't last long. Everyone headed out to the playground and Karlee took off. She never looked back and didn't even realize I slipped away to the car and sat and watched her play for a little while.






I picked Karlee up on my lunch break and she wasn't ready to leave yet. The teacher (Miss Katherine) said she did great and was really smart. Always good to hear that! I had picked us up lunch and we headed to the airport for a quick picnic before Chip's mom met us to take Karlee back to her house. It was fun hearing Karlee tell me about her day and about some of her new friends. She talked about Camille a lot because she was a previous Parkway friend!

I'm excited about what she'll learn at this new school. The summer program is pretty much play time and art projects related to books they are reading. I'm hoping it's a fun experience for Karlee so she will be excited about the real school session starting in the Fall.

No comments: