Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

7 months

In the blink of an eye, Madelyn is 7 months old. She hit this mark last Saturday. I know I say this every month, but time is just flying by. I want her to stay little for a while since she's my last baby. There's just nothing like the smell of a baby, baby coos and giggles, and just plain ole cuddling. She is just like her sister when it comes to picture taking though - complete stone faced. So, I'll just take pics of her back side rolls!




We have had a few milestones this month. Madelyn is finally taking a bottle from me!!!! We are down to one nursing session a day. I'm only pumping to relieve pressure so the milk production is starting to really decrease. I'm at the point where I'm ready for my body to be mine again (and fit into a normal bra size!). Madelyn is taking between 6 and 8 ounces each feeding. She's also on stage 2 baby food twice a day, puffs, and yogurt melts (which we now have to share with her jealous big sister). Food feeding time is quite messy. Madelyn wants to grab the spoon and feed herself. At home, I fight it and keep the spoon myself. But, on a boat where we can just dip her in water to wash off, she can grab all she wants!




We are attempting the sippy cup. Madelyn hasn't quite got the gist of it yet. She prefers to chew on the handle! She is finally taking formula so to throw water in there too is just a little too much change right now. And, water is cold and she likes her bottle really, really warm (almost hot).




I would LOVE to say that Madelyn is finally sleeping through the night, BUT she's not. Crying it out definitely doesn't work for her. I have stopped swaddling and her sleep seems to be getting better. The first two nights of no swaddle were rough. She wasn't really swaddled that much anyway these days. Just her hands were wrapped and the bottom of her legs and feet hung out the bottom of the blanket! She now rolls to her tummy the minute I put her in bed and grabs her bear lovie to cuddle. The last week hasn't been bad. I'll take 8:30-3:30, feed for 20 minutes, then sleep again until 6:30 any day over the several wake up times a night. She sleeps until 7:30-8:00 after feeding at 3:30 on the days I don't work.

The little munchkin is starting to creep. She gets up on her knees and rocks back and forth. Her facial expression says I really want to get somewhere and then she just falls on her tummy and rolls to where she wants to go. She's a little steam roller! My house is not ready for a crawler. Karlee has small toys and game pieces all over the place. Madelyn will grab whatever is in front of her in the blink of an eye. She's pretty dang fast. Last week, she grabbed a piece of watermelon off Karlee's plate and had it just about swallowed before I saw it. She obviously liked it because she got MAD when I moved Karlee's plate out of her reach!





Madelyn doesn't have any teeth yet but I think they are close. She is chewing, drooling,and cranky. She has also learned how to make sounds so her tongue is constantly out making blowing noises.



I pulled the doorway jumper out of the attic a few weeks ago and it's an instant favorite (for me and Madelyn)! I can just hang this anywhere I am and Madelyn is content for quite a while. It has made folding laundry and cooking dinner a lot easier. She spends a lot of time in the exersaucer too but this is easier to drag upstairs while holding a basket of clothes on one hip and Madelyn on the other hip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madalyn drooling I know the feeling with her arching her little bottom up in the air showing it off teasing my hard cock we are both drooling