Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Weekend 2011

This past weekend, Chip and I escaped to Destin with two other couples from Thursday night to Monday afternoon. It was a much needed 4 nights of uninterrupted sleep for me. We went with two couples we've never been anywhere with so I was a little nervous. We had the best time. It was actually one of the funnest couples trips I have ever been on. We have already made plans to do the same thing on the same weekend next year. Hopefully we can keep the tradition considering one couple has only been married 2 months and the other couple is just dating (2 years but no ring yet!). We had a single friend of the guys join us too. We are trying to find him a significant other but no luck yet! I have no pictures from the weekend because I just didn't feel like it. When I was finally going to get a before dinner picture, I realized my memory card wasn't in the camera so I couldn't have taken pictures if I wanted to. None I would have taken would have been postable anyway!

Karlee went to the lake with my parents and Madelyn went to the lake with Chip's parents. I went to my parent's house today at lunch to snag some pictures of what went on with them.

I guess this is proof that they tried to get Karlee to take a nap. Aunt Cyndi must have had the magic touch for both Lila and Karlee.


Karlee got lots of playing time in with her older cousins.

Wrapped up in towels on the boat. I had strict instructions to not let Karlee get sunburned.


Riding the innertube with Clete.

Kayaking with Granna and James Michael.


Besides Karlee running a fever and throwing up Saturday night, I think she had a great time. I think the sickness was too much sun and junk food. Grandparents are known to spoil the grandkids just a little!

I know Chip's parents had fun with Madelyn at their lake house but I don't have pictures from them. They pretty much just sat in the house and ventured to the pier for fishing in the mornings. They had some family stop by to see Madelyn for the first time. I do wish I had pictures of that though.

No comments: