Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baby Baptism + Another Year Older

We dedicated Madelyn to the Lord through infant baptism on June 12. It was a special day. Chip and I vowed in front of the church and our family to raise Madelyn in a christian home and teach her the ways of the Lord. My hope for her is that she grows in the Spirit throughout her life.

My laid back child just took it all in. She smiled at Brother George when I handed her over and didn't mind the water on her head one bit. When it was over and the congregation was singing "Jesus Loves Me", she just chewed on her thumb and looked out at everybody.





Thanks to my family for being there to share this special day with us.



We all headed to my parent's house afterwards for lunch and an early birthday celebration for me. Birthdays are just another day at this age but having kids makes it more fun. Karlee helped my dad put 31 candles on the cake (no, it didn't catch the cake on fire!) and helped me blow them out.




After strawberry cake and homemade ice cream (a must for my birthday every year), Karlee hit the baby pool.




Madelyn told us all she wanted to join her big sister in the water.



So, after all the guests left, Granna got her suit on and Madelyn dawned her "birthday suit."



We all had a great day. Wednesday the 15th was my actual birthday. Chip wanted to attempt a nice dinner at Amsterdam (with the girls). It was interesting to say the least! I have learned that getting a good picture of all 3 of us is few and far between but here is a decent one on the back porch at home after dinner.



I'm hoping that one day Chip will surprise me with the New York birthday trip that I didn't get to take on my 30th birthday (pregnant). HINT HINT! WINK WINK!

No comments: