Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last day at Parkway

May 19 was Karlee's last day of school for the year and her last day ever at Parkway Preschool. She has been there since she was 12 months old. It was a bitter sweet day. Karlee has made so many friends at Parkway. Of which, all are staying there for the next school year. Chip and I made the decision to move Karlee to another preschool. Seeing Karlee hug Hugh Harris on the last day made me tear up bad. Those two have been together since the beginning and have really become friends. His mom and I have already talked about getting them together several times over the summer.

On the 17th, the end of year program was held in the sanctuary. It was short and sweet. The class sang two songs, This Little Light of Mine and If All the Gumdrops, and it was over! I was so proud of Karlee. She stood on stage and sang most of the songs and didn't put her fingers in her mouth a single time. That's a bad habit she has when in front of a lot of people. I only have pictures of before they sang because I was videoing the singing and my camera was acting up.



After the program, I managed to get a quick picture of Karlee with her teachers, Mrs. Kim and Miss Maddee. They have been wonderful and Karlee talks about them all the time. She wanted to color and paint pictures for them every morning before school.



It's hard to believe this was Karlee in August on the first day of school. This year flew by!

No comments: