Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter 2011

We kicked off Holy Week with an Easter egg hunt at Phil Clowdus' farm. Karlee remembered exactly what to do and took off when they said "Go." Phil and Julienne have become great friends and treat our girls as their own. They hold a special place in our hearts.





Monday after school, I had eggs boiled and ready to dye. I love dying eggs at Easter and hope this tradition continues. Karlee dropped the eggs in the dye and pulled them out all by herself. She was so excited to see them change color. She even wanted to blow on all of them so they would dry faster!




Thursday morning was Karlee's class party and egg hunt. She was excited to get more eggs (aka candy)!





Thursday afternoon was the 3rd Annual Reetz/Wynn Easter Egg Hunt. This time with friends is always a lot of fun. This year definitely didn't disappoint. When they brought out the baby chicks, Karlee was the first one to stick her hands in the box and pull one out. Her "no fear attitude" towards animals is just amazing. I thought we would be bringing a chick home when she didn't want to put it down to hunt eggs! She finally let the poor thing go and she had a great time hunting eggs again.





I made the decision to start a new tradition this year. The Easter Bunny comes to our house on Saturday morning. We have a hard time getting out the door on a normal day by a certain time. Throwing in a basket full of candy before church just did not sound like fun to me. I would be the stressed out one trying to get me and two other people dressed while Chip sat around watching fishing shows and only getting himself dressed. Karlee checked out her loot and helped Madelyn see all of hers. It was nice to get to relax and enjoy the moment rather than picking everything up and rushing to get dressed and out the door.





We headed to the Memory Gardens after church on Sunday morning to attempt some pics of the girls. I was delighted that both cooperated and I was able to get some good shots.





Later Sunday afternoon, we headed to my cousin's house for the big family lunch gathering and yet another egg hunt. This hunt usually contains money so it's fun for the adults too! Karlee (and I) found the gold egg with $20 in it!





I tried explaining Easter to Karlee but I just don't think she understands just yet. Telling her that someone died just broke her heart and she asked if he was sleeping with my grandaddy's at the dead people place (what she calls the cemetary when we pass by one). I really need to look up ways to tell children about Easter before next year. She totally understood that baby Jesus was born at Christmas and he lives in her heart. Telling her that he died just confused her so much this year.

No comments: