Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lake Season Has Begun



That laugh says it all ... we are excited about lake weather!!!!

We headed to the lake Saturday to boat ride and enjoy the sunshine. I am soooo glad Madelyn loves the boat and her life jacket. We would have to trade her in for a new baby if she didn't!!!!



We enjoyed a nice picnic on the water and just relaxed. It was a fun day. After getting off the boat, Karlee headed straight to the steps and wanted to swim. I was hesitant because the water was still freezing (I mean it's not summer quite yet). But, how can you take a 3 year old in a bathing suit around water and not expect her to want to swim (especially when she's part fish!)? So, in the water she went for a brief swim and got out with teeth chattering. We may be at the doctor's office later this week with pneumonia!




On a sad note, we rode around looking at all the tornado damage from the April 27 storm. Parts of the lake were hit by the super storm of all storms. Total destruction in some parts, debris in the water, sunken boats, it was heart breaking. I literally got a sick feeling in my stomach when I saw it. Lake Martin has a special place in my heart. I just love it. I have literally been spending time there since I was in my mom's tummy. Looking at the total destruction of areas that I have been riding by for 30 years just broke my heart.








By land, the tornado was pretty much across the street from the road my Granny lives on. She, along with my aunt and uncle, were in the living room when the storm hit. To say they got lucky is an understatement. My goodness, if something happened to my family in that way, I just don't know how I would cope with it. I don't know how I would cope with losing that home. That place holds so many memories ... Lord, if those walls could talk! Granny's place is where I met Chip (love at first sight for me) almost 15 years ago; and then he threw me off the wave runner! There have been so many people staying there at one time, that I slept in the back of my dad's truck just to have a place to lie down! I could write a book about the fun times, the drama, the laughs, the tears, the card games, the graduation parties, did I mention the drama! Some of the best parts of my childhood happened at that lake house. I think the good Lord above, and my Papa, were looking out for my Granny that night.

No comments: