Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

9 years + 6 months

Last Wednesday, April 27, Chip and I celebrated 9 years of marriage. I would like to say it was a romantic day, BUT, it was not. Our day started at 4:30 that morning. I didn't sleep at all the night before and finally got out of bed at 4:30 to shower and clean my tummy very well. I drug Chip out of the bed at 5:15 because I was ready to get the show on the road. My nerves were in full swing and I just couldn't think of anything except getting to the hospital by 6:00 and getting some "night night" meds to calm me down and put me to sleep. It was finally surgery day to have the fibroid tumor removed (my third baby as I now call it). Surgery went well, tumor is gone (along with my uterus), pathology report was normal, and I FEEL GREAT! However, I feel like the tumor needs a name since it was 6 lb 4 oz (see, my third baby!). Any suggestions?? !!!

Now moving on, Madelyn had her 1/2 birthday on Thursday, the 28th. I still can't believe that half of her first year is gone. I feel like the past 6 months have been the fastest, busiest 6 months of my life. Ending maternity leave on the first day of tax season certainly didn't help matters.

Madelyn is the happiest baby on Earth. She laughs at everything, pretty much only cries when she's hungry or tired, and ADORES her big sister (who adores her right back). Karlee can make Madelyn smile just by walking in front of her. The way they hold hands and "talk" to each other just makes my heart full of joy. I cannot imagine our lives without Madelyn. I am so glad Karlee has a sibling to grow up with because there was once talk between me and Chip about only having one child.

At 6 months: weight 14 lb 14 oz length 26 inches

* Madelyn is a big time momma's girl. She can be screaming at the top of her lungs when other people try to console her. Once in my arms, she immediately stops. She has started lifting her arms for me to pick her up or to get her from someone else.

* Madelyn still doesn't sleep through the night consistently or nap much during the day.

* We are starting the weaning process so she has one bottle of formula a day and are about to move to two. This has been hard for me because I know I will never nurse another child again. It has been special to me to be so "blessed" in the milk production department to be able to have this special bond with both of my children.

* Madelyn is eating first foods from a spoon once a day and has loved everything except squash. We are moving to stage 2 foods shortly and twice a day. She grabs the spoon and helps put it in her mouth, makes a huge mess every time she eats, and gets fussy if you don't feed her fast enough.

* Don't put anything in Madelyn's reach if you don't want her to grab it. She pulls my plate half way off the table if I hold her while trying to eat. She pulls my glasses off in the mornings. She grabs Karlee's cup if it gets put too close to her. Madelyn's hand/eye (and straight to mouth) coordination is definitely developing.

* Madelyn is officially a sitter! Karlee loves this now and they play with blocks and other small toys together so well.



* The baby seat has been retired and the tub chair is in full use. This has made for some very fun bath times (and very wet floors!). Madelyn loves the water and reaches over the splash all the time. She definitely doesn't mind water in her face.




* Madelyn's laugh is the most precious sound. She is very ticklish and just cackles when you "get her corn" and tickle her tummy.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love maddie to watch mecum in karlees ass