Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What day is it?

I find myself asking this question a lot. I have to look at my phone to see the date and what day of the week it is. I am one sleep deprived lady!

I just can't say enough about my mom. She has been so much help to me and Karlee. I cried when she had to leave my house after staying the whole first week. I know I see her at least every other day but knowing that she isn't here all day and night just makes me teary. I guess it's the comfort of knowing someone else is here if I need them.




It's been a long few weeks. Karlee and Madelyn have had stuffy heads. I even had to take Madelyn to the doctor to be tested for RSV. She spit up lots of mucus that was so thick I had to pull it out of her mouth and nose. After that she had bad raspy breathing and even stopped breathing for a brief minute. I was at home by myself and it scared me to death. All tests were negative! We've been suctioning noses and sleeping with humidifiers and everybody seems to be on the mend.

Karlee is absolutely in love with her little sister now. She wants to hold her all the time and constantly wants to give her toys to play with. She knows not to try to pick her up but she hasn't realized yet that Madelyn is not big enough the play patty cake. I've been trying to get it on video but am too late every time. Karlee takes Madelyn's hands and does patty cake with them and then starts singing Itsy Bitsy Spider and showing Madelyn the hand motions. It's so adorable.




I think it's time to pump a bottle so Karlee can help with feeding Madelyn. I was quick to get this picture last week. Sorry Karlee, I don't think those little things will feed Madelyn! Chip is totally disturbed by this. But, what does he expect Karlee to do when she sees me feeding like this all day long? I can't hide in a closet every time Madelyn is hungry!

No comments: