Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Possibly the One and Only



I finally finished another sewing project. This time it's a baby bubble with a smocked insert. I took the class at Opelika Sewing Center and loved it. Though it was a challenge, I enjoyed this project. But, when it came down to choosing a boy pattern or a girl pattern, I was torn. The pattern only went up to a size 24 month so I knew Karlee would only be able to wear it a short time. My gut feeling that Baby Baker #2 is a boy but I won't know until next Tuesday. So, I picked girl since I know 2 people having girls later this year and could give it as a gift.

Well, the gift idea is out the window ladies. After 14 1/2 hours of sewing (cutting pattern to finished product plus some gossiping and chit chatting) and 6 hours of smocking, I've decided to keep this project in the Baker household even if this baby is a boy. I'll just add it to the box of keepsakes that I will pass down to Karlee or baby #2 when they have children. Too much time went into it for me to just give it away. And, piping is a new 4 letter word in my dictionary! There's supposed to be piping around the sleeve edge but I just couldn't sew anymore of that crap.

On a side note, one of the girls in the class said her mother was in a sewing club when she was a little girl. They called the club "Stitch and Bitch" (excuse the language!). I just thought this was hilarious since that's exactly what we sit around and do. I really enjoy sewing and it's my only hobby. So, if anyone is interested in joining me for our own "Stitch and Bitch" club, let me know. I'm definitely no expert but we could all learn new things from each other.

2 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

Impressive!!!!

Lori King said...

Allyson I started to finish mine but my dang sewing machine wont work. I havent used it since they fixed it last time but that has been my luck lately!! I am just going to have to breakdown and buy a new one.

Anyway yours looks great! I cant wait to here what Baker #2 is. And you know I would love to join a sewing group. So let me know if you find others.