Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. We all went to the lake Saturday to spend the morning with my mom and the afternoon with Chip's mom. Since Karlee is part fish, she absolutely loves the lake. She headed straight for the water when we got there. The Rankin boys were there too and Karlee was in hog heaven. Whatever they did, she was right there with them: paddle boat, water trampoline, golf cart, etc. I'm glad they let her pal around with them. She would have been mighty upset if she couldn't play along with them.




I stole these pictures from my aunt Cyndi's facebook page. I had my camera but didn't pull it out of my bag all day. I was being a little lazy! This paddle boat has definitely had some miles put on it. My parents bought it from Dr. Strother when Adam and I were really little. Every couple of years, my dad brings it home to patch holes and a new paint job. It's so funny to watch Karlee play on it now thinking back to how much fun Adam and I had.



This is one special lady, my Granny. Words cannot describe what she has been through in life. But, she toughed it out and raised 5 wonderful children. I still can't believe she had 4 kids in 3 years (no twins). I can't handle my 2 year old most days. She is 82 and wants to be in the middle of everything. We were all on the dock so she found a way to be there with us, sun umbrella and all!



These women are all special in my life, Granny, my mom, aunt Suzzanne, and aunt Cyndi. They are all wonderful moms and grandmothers. They all helped raise each other growing up and have a special bond. But, don't cross either one of them or you won't know what hit you! Strong personalities!!!

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I am one lucky lady to have a mom that is my best friend, a mother-in-law that truly treats me like her own daughter, and a husband that loves me even on my bad days and spoils me rotten (which I don't deserve more ofter than I do).



And, I can't forget about the reason I can celebrate Mother's Day myself, my sweet Karlee. Lord knows she is testing every fiber of my being these days with her new found 2 year old attitude. But, every day I cherish every moment because I'll look up one day and she'll be 30 with children of her own. The little butterfly in my tummy is wanting a mention too! I'm beyond excited to bring another life into the world. I am so full of anxiety though. What will Karlee think? How will her world change with another baby in the house? Only time will tell I guess.

No comments: