Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Update & Pre-wreck weekend

An update on my parents: My dad's surgery went well on Tuesday. He went back to the doctor today and everything looks good. My mom's left arm and elbow are doing good too, still really bruised and the elbow fracture is healing like it's supposed to be. They spent the entire day yesterday looking at campers so I guess they are ready to jump back on the horse again!! Thanks to everyone for all the phone calls, e-mails, and prayers. They were definitely heard.

Before my world stopped on Sunday, we spent Friday night and Saturday at the lake with Chip's parents. I brought a little water play mat in case the lake water was too cold for Karlee to have something water related to do. I knew once she saw that big body of water there would be no stopping her. She only spent about 1 minute in the lake water. It was just too cold and Stanley said it was child abuse!





While I was taking a shower Saturday morning, Chip and Stanley slipped off with Karlee in the little fishing boat. Notice she is only wearing her swim vest and not a life jacket. She was smiling the biggest smile when she saw me sitting on the dock waiting for their safe arrival back.



Later, she decided she wanted to do what granddaddy was doing -- fish. She even picked out which worm to use. She started out in Stanley's lap but that wasn't cutting it. She was standing with the pole in both hands when she actually caught a fish. I have no idea why I don't have a picture of the fish. I guess I was too interested in watching her pet it and worried about her getting finned. Look out Jay, Chip may replace you as is fishing partner!! Chip is already talking about daddy-daughter tournaments. I guess I'm going to have to have another girl to actually get my girl. Karlee is a total outdoors lover.





The day was ended with a good fish fry and a 4-wheeler ride with daddy. I hopped on the back after one round of riding and Karlee loved that I was on their with them. She kept looking back over Chip's shoulder and smiling at me. What fun, quality family time!

2 comments:

The Galimore Family said...

We had fun tonight! Hope you made it home safely - Hudson prayed for you:) Where did you get that water mat? I want one!

John Smith said...

It's good to know that RL and Jason will have someone to "double-date" with on fishing trips! She is crazy for water, fish, 4-wheelers and Daddy. Saturday she started walking into the lake until it was up to her armpits! She was so mad when we had to leave.