Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 10, 2009

Water Baby = So Much Fun!

Karlee had her first swim lesson last night at Health Plus. The class and Karlee's reaction totally exceeded my expectations. The little swimmers learned how to enter a pool correctly and go to their mommies, blow bubbles, float on their backs, and kick their feet while floating on their stomachs. The stomach floating was Karlee's favorite. She squealed and splashed water just like she does in the tub. Another favorite was jumping to mommy off the side of the pool.

You would have thought Karlee had done the swimming thing a million times before. She wasn't scared of anything, even the final dunk at the end of the lesson. The instructors said we could dunk them if we were ready to but it could wait until another class. Karlee had done so well with everything so far, I thought why not try a dunk. Karlee came back up out of the water with the biggest smile on her face. Mommy had a big smile on her face too so Karlee wouldn't come back up scared. She got lots of praises from me and then she put her whole face back in the water by herself. She did that a few more times before we exited the pool. The biggest problem we had over the entire class was keeping the bathing suit straps on her shoulders. I bought 18 months suits so they would last her all summer. I'm starting to think a 12 month would last all summer.



I guess my sweet Karlee will be part fish this summer. I can't wait to see what she learns over the next seven weeks. I've heard great things about this class so I'll keep you posted.

No comments: