Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Need a break

Okay. It's 10:14 in the morning and I already need a tax return break. Can't it be April 15th yet. I hate that time passes by so fast in Karlee's life but now I'm wishing for the next 14 days to fly by. I worked until 8:30 last night. Lucky for me, Chip had just finished Karlee's bath so I got to give her the bottle and rock her to sleep. At least I got to see her for a brief special moment yesterday.

Monday was Karlee's class picture day at Parkway. I know I am a sappy mom but I was excited. It was Karlee's first school pictures. We moms take probably 50 pictures a day of our precious children but it's something about school pictures that make a memory. Those are the pictures you always pull out years down the road and look (laugh) at. Lord knows I had some pretty laughable pictures taken of me! Especially year book pictures; those are the best!! In the spirit of picture day, I attempted to get a few of Karlee after her nap that afternoon. She wasn't too interested in looking at the camera.




We have had a hard time keeping Karlee in her highchair lately. She keeps standing up. Even with the straps buckled, she seems to still wiggle her way out of it. So, Monday night, I decided to give her the spoon and let her play/feed herself. The babycenter.com site weekly newsletter for a 14 month old said to start letting them do this. Chip looked at me like I was crazy knowing that there was a big mess about to be made. What did he care? I was the one that would clean it up with a little help from the dog Sable. Karlee was instantly intrigued and stayed in the chair the whole way through dinner and even on in to the clean the table off time afterwards. She was obviously ready to smile for the camera this time because she was all grins. She actually ate about 80% of what was in the bowl and the rest ended up in her lap and the floor. Maybe I will get home before dinner tonight to see what she does with the spoon next.





Alright, break over. Back to tax returns.

2 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

Stirling did the same thing and it drove me CRAZY...forks and spoons work great - let the messes really begin!

John Smith said...

are you on Face Book? If you are, you should go look at RL's latest sweet potato feeding mess. Has Karlee started fighting the changing table? We can only keep RL relatively still by playing "rockin' robin" while we change her. She dances laying down.