Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

Serenity on Valentine's



Chip and I spent Valentine's in Highlands, NC with the Dilworth's, Galimore's, and Reaves'. It was so nice and relaxing up in the mountains. Here was the view from one of the giant windows in the living room.



And here is where we spent 95% of our time.





Cuddled around the fire talking 'til 3am was such a stress reliever. No schedule, no crying, no diapers; you couldn't ask for a better weekend. The guys fished for trout and caught a ton while the girls sat around the fireplace. I have no pictures of the guys fishing in the little boat because I was too lazy to take myself out in the cold to the dock. Michael's sister and husband, Caroline and Joey, drove over from Ashville to stay on Friday night. Caroline brought a hula-hoop (long story) and Michael was the champ!! I will spare him the embarrassment of the video I have. Trust me, it is side-splitting hilarious.



Chip and I have decided to take Dave Reaves (aka "Buddy") with us on all trips. He was the first to wake each morning and cooked breakfast for everyone. This was no ordinary breakfast, I'm talking biscuits, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, blueberry muffins, pancakes, grits, and eggs and even made coffee. I think I gained 10 pounds from all the food we ate this weekend.

We celebrated Valentine's with Karlee on Thursday night and Friday morning. She loved the blueberry muffins we made her and her new stuffed animals. We dropped her off at Chip's parents Friday morning and she never looked back at us. She has so much fun over there. We came back to a stinkin' rotten little girl on Sunday. It makes it so much easier to go out of town knowing family is here to take care of her.

1 comment:

The Galimore Family said...

What a great trip! We had fun:)