Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

Laundry and Oreos

It's tax season and I feel like all I do is work. My house is in total filth mode. I worked all day Saturday like it was a normal week day. Chip was fishing as usual. My mom came over early while Karlee was still sleeping so I could get to the office early. While Karlee slept, my mom did all of my laundry. She even took some home with her when Karlee woke up to finish it. You people have no idea how good it feels to actually be able to see my laundry room floor. It's usually covered in baskets of clean laundry that needs to be put away and dirty clothes cover the rest of the floor. At least I keep everything washed, just not put away. Thank you, thank you, thank you Mom. It truly was appreciated. Now if I can just get the rest of the house clean before April 15, I'll be doing good. Karlee's bathroom and room are the only things that stay clean these days.

I digress....

Karlee loved playing in the laundry basket yesterday as I put away the clothes my mom had folded at her house. I started pushing her around in the basket and she loved it. She even took her snack cup in the basket with her. (Why do we even buy toys?)




Last night after dinner, Chip brought out the Oreos and Karlee was in hog heaven. She loves them as much as Chip does. I swear, Chip's diet could consist of chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, and milk and he wouldn't ever complain. Karlee may be the same way. Like father, like daughter!



I found a little time to applique a few shirts over the weekend. (I know, I should have used that time to clean but a girl needs time to herself sometimes. I only get three hours on Monday all week long to myself and that time has been spent at work the past few weeks.) The butterfly is part of a birthday gift for this coming weekend and the chick is for Karlee. That chick may look cute but it was a nightmare to do. There are five fabrics and eight thread color changes. Karlee likes looking at it though and rubbing the feet. I did them in satin ribbon. I can't wait to do some more appliques next weekend. I downloaded about 50 patterns last night after Karlee went to sleep.


1 comment:

John Smith said...

Those three hours are gold!! I don't get that at my house. You are so right to do your stuff then instead of clean. Laundry will always be waiting for you right there on the floor where you left it!