Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 20, 2009

Addicted to applique

I took my first applique class last night to learn how to do it on my new embroidery machine. Oh my goodness, I am hooked. It was so much fun looking through all the applique pattern books. We started out easy with the popsicles that only took about 30 minutes. Then, the lemonade was another story. It took almost 2 hours. Lee Sadler is the teacher and she said if we could do the lemonade pattern, then we were ready to tackle any applique pattern. Boy, I believe it.





I now have the cutest patterns for girls and boys, including an adorable set of Easter patterns. I have to start collecting scrap fabrics now. This part will be hard considering I don't sew (so I don't just have scrap fabric lying around!). Any donations will be much appreciated from you sewers out there.

I just installed a digitizing software that I have to learn to use. This program resizes pre-built patterns and allows you to change color stops. Wish me luck on this part, I have no idea what I'm doing!!

2 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

Fun! I'll contribute to the scrap fabrics if I can get me some cute Easter appliqued stuff:-)

BTW- Old Navy has some adorable girls shirts that woudl be perfect for applique/monogram. I think they are 3 for $12.

Brandy said...

I have some scraps for you! You can also buy fabric scraps on etsy for cheap! They have some really cute Amy Butler fabric scraps-check them out!