Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Funday!

I've been trying to rack my brain with different things to do on Mondays. The pool cabana is closed on Monday and having to pack a cooler with drinks and a picnic lunch and add that to the mound of things we carry to the pool anyway just isn't fun for mommy! Last Monday, I asked Karlee if she had any fun ideas for us to do that day. She said she wanted to go on a picnic somewhere (a picnic ... just the thing I did not want to prepare food for!). I asked her where she wanted to go for a picnic. Out of the blue she said "Auburn University." I have no idea where it came from. I asked again to make sure I heard her correctly and she said "somewhere on the grass at Auburn University."

A grabbed a blanket and we loaded in the car to pick up Chickfila at the Magnolia street location. When we passed Samford Hall, Karlee said "See mommy. There's the grass for our picnic." She knew exactly what she was talking about when she said the grass at Auburn University!!

I parked at the hotel and conference center and we walked up to find a spot in the shade in front of Samford Hall. We all ate our lunch and the girls ran around and played for a while. Karlee then said she wanted to go walk around for a little while. Oh, do I wish it was for just a little while!! We spent 3 hours on campus. We walked from Samford Hall, down by Lowder business building, down by the stadium, over by the President's house, somehow ended up at The Barbecue House for Karlee to use the bathroom, and then back to my car at the conference center. Madelyn walked with us for some of the time but mostly rode in her stroller. That single stroller even carried Karlee with Madelyn sitting in her lap some of the way. I was one tired mommy with hurting feet!!

















The highlight of the day was getting a surprise visit with Aubie. There are a gazillion camps going on at Auburn. When we were playing beside the new Heisman statues, I looked over my shoulder to see Aubie standing beside me. I couldn't believe it. His "helper" said he was on his way to meet a group of people touring the stadium. He waved at Karlee to follow him and he went and sat down to play with her. It was priceless. I was following with Madelyn in the stroller so I didn't get the pictures of them dancing and laughing but Karlee LOVED it. I wished I could have put Madelyn in his lap but I had just got her strapped back in the stroller (which was a MAJOR task) and I was not about to get her out again!!



This was such a fun, impromptu picnic. Letting Karlee choose what we do on Mondays may turn out to be more fun than I expected. I like having someone else make the plans for a change!! Today she spent the morning at her friend Camille's house and had a blast. Madelyn was just stuck with me running errands and let me know that she wasn't happy about it. She kept calling for "sissa" and missed her terribly.



No comments: