Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

1st Dance Recital

Karlee finished her first year of dance with Nix Dance in May. I have loved every minute of the dance year. It brings back so many memories of my years of dancing with Nix. Karlee loved it too. She could not wait for Monday afternoons when she got to go to class. Her age group learned ballet and tap. We were not allowed in the room during class so dress rehearsal was the first time any of the parents got to see what the girls were learning. When I saw Karlee dance for the first time, I literally had tears in my eyes. It was too precious! I was so proud of her and she was pretty proud of herself too.

The girls received trophies on dress rehearsal day. Karlee has treasured it every day since. It sits on a shelf in her room and she tells it goodnight every night! Sometimes it even gets a hug!



Getting ready for her ballet performance.





She looks so little on that big stage!







Time for some tapping! I love this costume. The routine was to "Good Ship Lollypop" and was absolutely precious.





Presenting our little dancer with flowers after the recital.



A proud group of family!!

No comments: