Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 30, 2011

Teddy Bear Tea

Last Thursday, Karlee and I attended a Teddy Bear Tea at the Auburn University Hotel and Conference Center. I have heard about it the past few years but this was our first year to go. We had so much fun on our little date. It was a monsoon outside and I almost said we would just stay home but I am so glad I changed my mind.

We walked in and Karlee immediately went to talk to the big bear. Our hostess showed us to our table and there was a big surprise. Karlee had a new teddy bear sitting in her chair. We had brought one from home because I didn't know she would get one at the tea. So, we had two teddy bears join us for tea!



Karlee had hot chocolate for the first time and she enjoyed loading it up with marshmallows. Our lunch was served and Karlee enjoyed trying all the different tea sandwiches. But, I think her favorite part was when the big bear came and sat at our table with her. She kept hugging him and giving him high fives. It really was sweet.



After lunch was served, the kids gathered around the fireplace and sang Christmas carols. There was an "elf" named Eli that sort of ran the activities. He was phenomenal! He flitted and fluttered around and made me tired just watching him. Then he read two Christmas stories and both happened to be some of Karlee's favorites, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Twas the Night Before Christmas.




After story time, we went back to our table and enjoyed lots of sweet treats. We boxed some of them up to bring home and share with daddy and Madelyn! I hope to be able to attend this next year. Maybe Madelyn will be able to join us and some other friends. We were the only table of two. Karlee asked why she didn't have any friends sitting with us at our table (I actually knew no one else there ... hard to believe!).

No comments: