Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Griswold's ... I Think Not!

Karlee has been very excited about decorating for Christmas this year. Driving around town at night, she yells "there's some Christmas lights" every time she sees some in someone's yard. Sunday morning before the rain started, Chip brought down the wreaths from the attic and got out the spotlights to decorate the outside of the house. Karlee helped hang the wreaths and made sure they were straight! She then told us where to put the spotlights and helped stick them in the ground.

I went back inside with Madelyn and about 10 minutes later, Karlee came inside and said she was ready to put the lights on the trees outside. WHAT? I looked at Chip and he said "yep, she wants to put lights outside on the trees." Now, don't take this the wrong way but I'm just not a "light up the neighborhood with our Christmas lights" kind of person. I enjoy seeing it in other people's yards but I just prefer a nice wreath on the windows at my house.

I could not tell that sweet face that was full of excitement "no" so we compromised with just lighting up the bushes by the mailbox so daddy didn't have to drag out the ladder to decorate the trees. We drug a few lights out of the attic and made sure they worked. Karlee helped Chip take them outside and they went to work wrapping them around the small bushes. Notice Karlee has on her work boots (and still in her pjs!). Madelyn had to join in on the fun too.






I'm pretty sure it won't stop with just lit up bushes in the years to come. Once she sees the neighbors with blow up decorations, she'll probably want one of those too. I have to admit I did see a Santa that pops his head out of a Christmas tree the other day and thought it was cute (cute for someone else's house though!!).

No comments: