Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Special Place



I absolutely love a Christmas tree, especially a real one. There's just something about the lights in a dark house and the ornaments twinkling in the lights ... and the smell (my favorite part).

After I put the girls to bed, I usually lay on the couch for a little while before heading to bed (catching up on Facebook and Twitter!!). Plus, Chip is usually watching something I could care less about on TV in the bedroom. My night time ritual just has a whole new vibe to it in December.

I couldn't help getting out the camera to capture a pic of our tree a few nights ago. I'm quite fond of it this year. Please take notice of the wrapped boxes along the hearth. This is my best attempt at keeping Madelyn out of the tree (and out of the fireplace!). They are just diaper boxes filled with junk to give them some weight. There is usually a huge box in front of the tree that is an actual present for my dad but I moved it for the picture. That crazy child was getting up on the hearth and walking over to reach the tree. I have no idea how it has not been pulled over before I came up with this idea. Karlee never bothered the tree but Madelyn is a whole different story!

No comments: