Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Aubie! Aubie! Aubie!

These are the words I heard all morning as I was trying to tackle Karlee to get dressed. Today was Spirit Day at Parkway Preschool. I have definitely learned my lesson to not tell Karlee that Aubie is coming to her school ahead of time. She was bonkers this morning, which caused mommy to break a sweat in my house that was 65 degrees!

I will preface this story with saying that Chip had put in Karlee's head all day yesterday to say Roll Tide to Aubie. Of course, when Chip and Karlee got home from work last night, Chip said, "Karlee, tell mommy what Aubie says." My sweet innocent child said, "Rolllllll Tiddddde!" I just looked at them in horror. Those are terrible words to put in my child's mouth. I told Karlee that is NOT what Aubie says. I also told her daddy that he was going to get a spanking for using such blasphemy!

All morning, I was saying War Eagle and Go Auburn. Karlee would repeat it and I was happy. Then, when we got to school, Mrs. Kim asked Karlee if she was ready to see Aubie. Karlee so proudly said, "Roll Tide" to her. I just wanted to cry! My poor baby has been tainted.

I held my breathe as I walked in to the pep rally hoping Karlee would not yell those ugly words in front of everyone. Luckily, she didn't! Everybody was yelling and cheering for Auburn and saying War Eagle and my sweet Karlee just chimed right in. I was so proud!

Karlee's class waiting for the cheerleaders and Aubie.

Doing the arm motions for "WARRRRRR EAGLE!"

Sitting so ladylike!

Finally getting close to Aubie. She told this little girl to go away!



I guess Karlee is going to have to learn on her own which team to pull for like I did. I grew up with a dad cheering for Auburn and a mom cheering for Alabama. I made the right decision of which team to pull for and I know Karlee will do the same. But, as long as I'm in charge of the wardrobe, she will NEVER NEVER NEVER wear crimson and white!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karlee is so beautiful setting with her peers
She stands out like a bright star she is I think
From her perfections as well of the Auroa
That sourounds her she is a goddess