Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

"Time Out"

Thursday afternoon, Karlee was playing on the back porch with Sable. She kept picking up Sable's food bowl and putting it on her head. She called it her helmet. I told her to stop doing that because the bowl was dirty. She kept doing it and I told her I was going inside to get sad stick. She then yelled "No!" at me and threw the bowl across the porch. I brought her inside for a spanking and she ran to the front door. She said "no sad stick mommy, I want time out."

She preceded to stand in the corner with her nose to the wall and cry. I told her to stand there until I said she could move. I couldn't resist grabbing the camera and quietly taking a picture. We have never done time out so she must see this at school. I just wonder if she has seen another child in timeout or if it has been her. Definitely a question I will be asking the teacher on Monday. I sure would hope they would tell me if Karlee does something that deserves time out.




When I told her she was done, she ran to me and said "I sorry. Let's go play with Sable again." She picked up the dog bowl and put it back beside the water bowl and never messed with it again (all without me telling her to put it back). Time out may be my new best friend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would you spank your child?

Anonymous said...

karlee love you to b realllly bad for me