Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Lunch Date with Mommy

Today has been an off schedule day. Karlee didn't wake up until 9:30 so we ate breakfast around 10:00. We played a little and then ran my normal Friday errands. We stopped by my office to get my paycheck and Karlee kept hearing and seeing airplanes (my office is very close to the Auburn airport).

I asked her if she wanted to go watch the airplanes take off and land. The biggest smile spread across her face and she said "YESSSSS. PLEEEEEASE." It was 1:15 and my pregnant belly was growling so we pulled through McDonald's and grabbed a quick "healthy" lunch to go.

I backed up to the fence at the airport and we picnicked in the back of the car. There were planes taking off and landing literally every 3 minutes. Karlee waved at everyone of them. It was fascinating having a conversation with my 2 year old about where the planes might be going. She told me that one was going to the beach, one was going to play football, and one was going to school.



Trying to fly like a plane with a mouth full of chicken!



I was glad I had my little camera in the car. She kept telling me to take pictures of the planes and then she wanted me to show her the pictures.



It was such a fun small part of the afternoon. I truly enjoy my two days off of work each week to just spend with Karlee. She is so simple to please and is very easy to entertain for the most part. I hope she enjoys our time together as much as I do. Things are about to really change for us in about 6-8 weeks.

No comments: