Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Hickory Dickory Picnic

I picked Karlee up from school today with a plan for a picnic. I had her bike in the car and we were going to Town Creek Park to eat lunch and ride (me push) her bike around the trails. Well, Karlee said "I want to swing at the park." So, we headed to Hickory Dickory Park instead.




After eating a quick bite of lunch, Karlee took off to the swings. She was fine with swinging for a while until other kids showed up. Then, she followed them everywhere. They were all boys so they were wild and Karlee just gave up chasing them. She found two slides and probably went down each one of them 20 times.





She found some ropes to walk on. Then, the monkey came out in her and she started swinging on them. Her arm strength just amazes me for being so little.




She wondered upon the big kid swings and tried her best at swinging in them. They were just too high off the ground and she didn't like them. So, back to the slides she ran.



Karlee wore herself out and didn't pitch the fit I was expecting when I told her it was time to go. She almost fell asleep in the car coming home. It didn't take long for her to go out like a light when I put her in the bed for nap. I stayed in her bed after reading a book for a while just snuggling. I am cherishing every minute of this time with her. I know in the weeks to come, her world is going to change. If the last tax return extension wasn't coming up on the 15th, I would go ahead and take the vacation time I have left before starting maternity leave. I'm going to pack in as many mommy/daughter play dates I can before Madelyn arrives.

1 comment:

Everday Edwards said...

Such a sweet time. Love the outfit.

Jaimi