Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Random Happenings

There has been A LOT going on lately. I feel like I have run a marathon and am still trying to finish it.

Two weeks ago, my closest friends gave me and Madelyn a monogram baby shower. The nursery closet is slap full of clothes that are passed down from Karlee. But, I wanted Madelyn to have some special things of her own. And, Lord knows I don't have time to sit down and monogram or sew her something myself right now. That's what maternity leave is for!! It was such a fun shower and I thank all my sweet friends that came and showered me with such adorable gifts.

The amazing hostesses






Parkway has had lots of activities in the past few weeks. The Auburn Fire Department came last Monday and Karlee was overly excited to see the firetruck. When I picked her up from school that day, Mrs. Kim said "My, my! You have a child that is scared of nothing." Of course I know this already but I had to ask exactly what she did. Luckily it was just roaming all through the truck and wanting to drive it. When the siren went off, Karlee was about the only one that didn't run and hide. I guess she's used to loud beeps coming from Chip's tractors and dump trucks! Thanks to her sweet teachers, I have a few pictures from the event.





Then, last Thursday, Parkway had a Grandparents Breakfast before school. I didn't warn Karlee about it before hand and she was kind of confused for a minute wondering why all her grandparents were at school with her. I managed to snap a few pictures before I headed to work. I was really wondering how Karlee handled them leaving her at school when it was over. My mom said she just told them bye and went to playing. Karlee is thoroughly enjoying her class this year and it's obvious when she can let my mom leave her without pitching a fit!




At lunch that same day, my bosses and co-workers had a little baby shower lunch for me and my co-worker Tiffany that is due 4 weeks after me. It was fun and Madelyn received some sweet things. I only took a picture of the cupcake cake. I was busy eating and opening presents!



And, since I am my own cleaning lady at home, I tried to get some cleaning done last Thursday night while Chip was at home to keep Karlee occupied. Well, as the pictures show, he didn't do a very good job. I started vacuuming and Karlee came running into the bedroom with her vacuum cleaner to "help." I told Chip since he was doing such a good job at keeping her out of my way, to just come take some pictures because it was pretty funny. He wonders why I don't get as much cleaning done on my off days as I used to. He got to see for himself why that night. Karlee wants to "help" do anything and everything! I have given her a cloth several times lately and told her to clean the baseboards in the living room. She happily does it and I happily watch. This 37 week preggo just can't get down on the floor as easy as I used to!



No comments: