Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First trip on the fishing boat

(Excuse the blurry pictures. I was trying to hold Karlee with one hand and snap pictures with the other.)
Chip has wanted to see what Karlee would act like on his fishing boat for a while now. Well, Sunday evening, we all ventured to Lee County Lake to try it out. Keep in mind I have a large boot on my foot for a stress fracture. It was not easy to be fast and agile as I needed to be to keep Karlee from jumping (or falling) off the side of the boat.

She started out keeping herself entertained with the depth finder. I told her to help daddy look for fish and she took it literally by moving to the front of the boat and squatting down to look for fish!!





Then she had to have a fishing pole too like daddy. She just didn't understand that the entire pole was not supposed to go in the water. It was also my job to keep the pole in the boat and not let her drop it in the water. I politely told Chip that if he didn't want her using his pole then he didn't need three lying on the floor. We were not in a fishing tournament!



As I was trying to keep the pole from going in the water, Karlee swung it away from me and the lure hit me in the side of the head. I kept my cool but was internally saying, "This was a terrible idea!"

It took one step on the trolling motor for Karlee to decide she had to help daddy do that too.


Chip finally came to the conclusion that he wasn't going to catch any fish with Karlee shaking her pole in the water. He started "teaching" Karlee how to hold the pole and turn the reel. The horn blew for all boats to come in for lake closing time. I was thrilled! And, Karlee of course had to help troll the boat back to the dock.





Let me just say it will be a while before I do this again. Karlee will have to be at least 15!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE this so much! To see Chip with Karlee, experiencing this very special time together almost made me cry. I can't wait until Travis can take Mason fishing! Good times!