Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 25, 2009

"Baby! Baby! Baby!" at 20 months

The "B" word is all we hear around this house lately. No! I'm not pregnant. Karlee has found a love for baby dolls. She sees a doll in the store and goes crazy to have it. If I bought every doll she points at, we would have to add on to our house just to have room for all of them.
I think staying with my parents a few weeks ago got her into this faze. My mom has a doll stroller and baby doll that drinks from a bottle. When you take the bottle out of her mouth she cries. This is when we noticed the motherly instinct kick in with Karlee. When the baby cried, she picked it up and rocked it in her arms. It was absolutely the sweetest thing ever! So, of course, we had to have the same thing at our house.





Today has been doll day at our house. We have strolled, fed, and rocked all morning long. Baby and bottle even had to take a car ride with us today to run errands. When Karlee had a diaper change, Baby had a diaper change. Baby even ate at Chick-Fil-A for lunch today in the highchair beside Karlee! The people at the table next to us had great entertainment as Karlee was also trying to feed Baby her chicken and fruit.
Nap time was a struggle today too because of Baby. Karlee had to have Baby in the bed with her and Baby had to have her own bunny to sleep with like Karlee.



I finally had to take Baby away for Karlee to go to sleep. She kept talking to her and feeding her the bottle. I admit I loved watching Karlee in the video monitor. It was so sweet listening to her talk to the baby. I let the talking go on for about an hour before I politely told Karlee that Baby had to sleep in the other room in her own bed. Karlee gave Baby a kiss, said "Night Night", and rolled over and went right on to sleep.
I absolutely love this stage in Karlee's life. I think she picks up a new word or phrase every day. She talks in sentences to a point where I know exactly what she's saying (most of the time). Sometimes only she knows what she's saying! I thank the Lord every day for this sweet child.

3 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

maybe it's time for a REAL baby doll;-)

Chip, Allyson and Karlee Baker said...

Ali, I'll just let her come visit Bradley for the "real" version!!

Unknown said...

We are trying to "train" Rolley Len for the new baby with the baby dolls. Santa Claus just got her a little diaper bag. She is doing good with the bottles and pacis so far.