Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Saving Money!!

I've been looking for Karlee some new hooded towels for bath time. She has completely outgrown the 20+ Gerber ones I received as shower gifts. I received two really nice ones as shower gifts and have been looking for more. Can you believe all the ones I've seen are $35 and more? That's highway robbery!!
I refuse to pay that for a towel. With a little online help, I spent the stormy Sunday afternoon making my own. I figured it couldn't be hard to do. It's just a washcloth sewn on to a regular towel with some cute decorations on it. I decided to use a hand towel rather than a wash cloth to make it bigger and last longer (remember her head is in the 97th percentile!!).

I added a little ribbon and $7.00 later .....


















I'm just anxious to see if it holds up in the washing machine!!
Check out http://jennross.chattablogs.com/archives/2008/09/making-your-own-hooded-towel.html for great instructions. The only thing I changed was cutting the hand towel in half. I just sewed the whole thing on to have a bigger hood.
Happy sewing!!

No comments: