Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Parkway Year is Here!

Well, today was the start of the school year at Parkway Preschool. I was overly anxious about how Karlee would react to a new class and teachers. I felt like she had finally figured out the whole school thing by the end of the year last year. She has seen her backpack for the past week and wanted to play with it. Being the crazy mom that I am I wouldn't let her play with it so it would be clean for the first day of school. Today I finally let her have the backpack and Karlee loved it. She walked all over the driveway with it on her back until it was time to get in the car. Then she held it in her lap blowing kisses to it the whole way to school. I think she thinks it's Dora's backpack since that is her obsession right now!


















To my surprise, all went well when I dropped her off. I think it was thanks to sweet little Rolley Len! I swiped the room pics from Christy's FB page. Thanks for the pictures!


And this is what they were doing when I walked out of the room. Playing like they didn't care mommies were leaving them for 3 hours.

Karlee fell asleep in the car on the way home and only laid in the bed for about 10 minutes before waking. We ate lunch on the back porch to absorb this beautiful weather. Karlee finally went down for a real nap around 3:00. She is so off her schedule today.


I wish she could tell me how her first day went. All she has said was "Play", "Slide", and "Color" so I'm assuming they played, went to the playground, and colored! I want to know the juicy details of how did she act with the other kids, did she cry much during the day, and were the other kids nice to her. I guess those questions will have to be left to when she can have a conversation with me and tell me everything.

No comments: