Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Karlee's First Year

What a wonderful day it was this time last year. Chip and I were awakened at 3:30 am to my water breaking. Oh my, I was two weeks early. I was freaking out because my bags were not packed and the car seat was not installed. My ever so calm husband took me in his arms and said it was all going to be alright. We quickly packed our bags while I was on the phone with my mom. The hospital said not to rush, so, we didn't. We strolled in to labor and delivery around 6:45 am with wide eyes and full of wonder. At 7:46 pm, Karlee Addyson joined our lives.

What joy she was and has been since that day. It is so hard to believe a year has gone by. It's been the best year of our lives. I read the poem on a picture frame given to me by Chip last Christmas every night:

"You are the poem I dreamed of writing,
the masterpiece I longed to paint.
You are the shining star I reached for
in my ever hopeful quest for life fulfilled.
You are my child, with all things
I am blessed."

This is so true. God created Karlee just for us. She is everything I always prayed for. I know she is just borrowed from God because she is His child. But boy I sure have enjoyed this borrowed year. I look forward to so many more.

Chip and I try to be the best parents we can be for her. She is such an easy, happy child. Her laughs melt my heart and her cries break it. I love her hugs and kisses. I just light up when she says "momma" and looks for me. I've been able to see and enjoy all of her firsts. This is something I really worried about when I went back to work. I was afraid I would miss everything. Her first coo, smile, laugh, word, wave, clap, and step will forever be etched in my mind.

Karlee, I hope you have enjoyed your first year as much as mommy and daddy have. We love you so much. We hope we are raising you in a good Christian way and guiding you down a path of life in Christ. I personally hope I become your best friend and stay that way. Reach for the stars baby girl. Hope big and dream bigger. Nothing is out of reach if you reach high enough.

Love, Mommy and Daddy

Turn the sound on and enjoy a 15 minute glimpse of Karlee's first year.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great post...great memories....great year. Happy Birthday Karlee!

Wilson's Winners said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! Feels like yesterday you were born!!!

The Galimore Family said...

Can you believe she is already one? It feels like she was born yesterday! Loved watching the video of all her sweet pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hey Allyson!
I cannot believe that you have a one year old! She is gorgeous. Makes me want to have one of my own! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl.

The Dilworth Family said...

Happy B'day sweey Karlee!

tmiller said...

Yeah! Happy birthday Karlee!