Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First Day of School!

Karlee started Parkway Preschool this morning. I was a nervous wreck getting ready for work this morning thinking about how she would react about being left with strangers for such a long time. An hour in the church nursery on Sundays is usually too long for her. I couldn't imagine what 3 hours would do to her.

She woke up in the best mood just gibbering away about who knows what. I kept telling her we were getting ready for school and she was saying "go go" like she knew what I was talking about. I gave her the new backpack Santa delivered on Christmas morning and she was so excited for something new.



We ate breakfast, waved bye bye to Sable, and off we went.



We walked to the classroom with Ali and Stirling (talking about their new wonderful news!). Mrs. Pat welcomed us and talked to Karlee for a little bit in my arms. When she asked Karlee if she wanted to play, to my surprise, Karlee went right to her with no crying or reaching for me. I was shocked but kind of sad that she was fine with me leaving. They went straight to the toy basket and Karlee started playing and talking away. I stepped out before she realized what was happening and continued to watch for just a minute through the viewing window.




I was teary eyed walking to the car. Thank goodness I will be working today to keep my mind off of leaving my child. I can't wait to pick her up at 12:00 to see how she did after I left. The ladies in her class made strawberry muffins and brought bananas. I'm sure Karlee will love them for that! She loves muffins.

2 comments:

Wilson's Winners said...

So glad she did well! Ms. Pat is GREAT! Stirling LOVED her!

The Dilworth Family said...

Hope she had a great day! I think it is always harder on us mommies than the little ones!!!