Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Tagged

I've been tagged to tell you the 10 most honest things about myself. Here goes:

1) I am an under control shopaholic. I love to shop. I think having a little girl has made it worse. I wake up Monday and Friday mornings wondering where I can shop that day. I even sit at work during the week thinking about things to buy. I mentioned I was an under control shopaholic. I am constantly thinking of things to buy but I actually don't purchase what I think about. I know how much I can spend during each week of the month and I spend exactly that. I don't save money at all. I'm actually trying to save now because the economy situation scares me to death. I like expensive things. I don't bargain shop at all. If I find a bargain, I think "ooh, more money to spend on something else." I know. I have a problem!!

2) I love going on vacation. Before Karlee, Chip and I traveled all the time. I think most vacations are therapeutic. At least traveling without a child is!! We took Karlee to the beach twice last summer and had so much fun. I know this summer will be even better because she is walking and is fascinated with everything.

3) I really like to read. I don't have the time for reading like I used to. I'm a sap for a really good book. When I'm hooked on a good book, the house could fall down around me and I wouldn't notice. The Twilight series has been getting me in trouble lately with Chip. I totally ignore everything around me when I'm reading these books. I hope I pass this love of books on to Karlee. She already likes to flip the pages of her books and look at the pictures.

4) I like the teenage Disney movies like Princess Diaries. There's just something about those family type movies that are appealing to me. There's no cussing, love making, or killing. They are just fun to watch movies that don't require thinking or analyzing. I do too much of that during the day as it is.

5) I decided I wanted to be an accountant in the 10th grade. I loved math and still do. I have become totally dependent on a calculator though because of my job. I sat for the CPA exam and passed three of the four parts before I became pregnant. I took the last part in August before Karlee was born. Some may not know, but that was the time period when I was extremely sick with morning/all day sickness. I had to leave the room three times during the test. Needless to say, I didn't finish the test nor did I pass. The honest part of me here is sometimes I wonder if I wasted my time getting a masters degree in accounting. I could have just gotten by with my bachelors degree. In a small town accouting firm, I would still do audits and tax returns anyway. I'll be paying back my student loan for grad school for umpteen years to come. Was is worth the time and money to get my masters?

6) I am one of those crazy accountants that loves tax season. Yes, you are reading this correctly. I love the adrenaline rush of working in a time crunch, always working on a deadline, and late hours of number crunching. The routine work of non-tax season days gets so monotonous. In tax season, there's always something new and challenging to come to work to. I like seeing which stocks pulled the highest dividends the past year. Seeing what other people do with their money is just down right intriguing to me.

7) I have a very short fuse when it comes to patience. I can't stand for something to be done at a slow pace when I know it can be done faster. When I think about something or want to do something, it has to be done right then. Don't tell me to wait! This drives Chip crazy.

8) I am a pretty big procrastinator. I know this contradicts the earlier statement about patience. But, it's okay if I put something off!! I start off with good intentions. For instance, I ordered Karlee's birthday invitations extra early but waited forever to mail them.

9) I knew I would marry Chip Baker the first time I met him 12 1/2 years ago. I even told my aunt Suzzanne I would marry him that very day I met him. It was just one of those things that I felt God doing. I was even dating someone else at the time. I honestly think Chip and I were made for each other. I don't think anyone else could put up with either one of us!! I would rather spend time with him on any given day than anyone else. I have and have had a few people that I call friends. I've always been the person that people forgot about. Chip is the only best friend I have ever had. He is the only person (besides my mom) that I can truly count on for anything.

10) Last but certainly not least: I think Karlee is the most precious, beautiful creature ever made. Yes, I am biased. I wanted to start a family several years ago but Chip just wasn't ready. I resented him for that for a while. I now know that Karlee was totally worth the wait. God made her especially for us and she is perfect. I have so many dreams and hopes for her. I hope she always understands how much Chip and I love her no matter what she may do along the way. I hope she never lets anyone stand in her way of accomplishing something she dreams to do. And if they do, I hope she has a friend that will go to bat for her over anything. The kind of friend that would fight a bull, lie in front of a train, or dive to the bottom of the ocean for her. I know that in a blink of an eye Karlee will be a teenager. She will hit that age where she "thinks" she can't tell her parents anything. I hope she has that friend she can go to for support and special talks. I include this in my prayer for her every night as I rock her to sleep. (I then hope that friend will come tell me everything Karlee told her or him!!)

I am now tagging Jessalee Langford, Sarah Crim, and Laura Deline.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

HI! Sorry I didn't call back, crazy day, even though Mason was an angel. I love it, but OMG where does the time go?? So, I'm so excited about Karlee's first birthday. Let me know if we can bring anything. I'll call you tomorrow, I just might have to get a babysitter to do it. Ha.