Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 7, 2008

Is it ever going to end?

OK. For those of you that had an easy pregnancy, Congrats! For those of you that didn't, I feel your pain. 16 1/2 weeks of all day sickness, the worst indigestion ever, and a dislocated tailbone during delivery were nothing compared to a few weeks ago. Around 2:00 in the morning for a few weeks straight, I would wake up feeling like I was having back and side labor all over again. At my six week appointment, Dr. Harris told me it was my uterus still contracting. He obviously wasn't getting the picture I was trying to create of the pain. A week later I called him back and he finally decided it was probably something else. After an ultrasound, gallstones were found.

I was pretty nervous about the surgery. More so for having to leave Karlee overnight than anything. I pumped for two weeks straight and had more than enough milk for two days. Chip was just thrilled to have to sleep in a chair at the hospital again! He has been great through all of this though. He's a great dad and husband. I sure have been pretty dependent on him lately. He has to hand Karlee to me each time I feed because it's very sore to lift her. Plus, I have four holes in my stomach that she lays on when she feeds. I can't lift her in her car seat carrier for two weeks so I'm stranded at the house. But, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat for this precious gift from God. I keep saying to myself everyday: "This too shall pass."

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Allyson,
I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this! I would love to bring Annabelle over one day and spend some time with you!Just let me know when!

Wilson's Winners said...

Hang in there Allyson and please let us know if we can do anything at all...I'd love to bring you dinner.