Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Welcome to 2 Year Old Class

Parkway Preschool started back today and I am so excited (maybe a little too excited!). I'm in desperate need of a few hours a week to myself to get my to-do lists taken care of.

We told Karlee all weekend that school was starting back on Monday. She would just stare at us and talk about new friends but didn't seem interested. When I woke her up this morning, she was having no part of wanting to be awake or getting dressed. I had to bribe her with a breakfast picnic in the living room floor and watching Scooby Doo to get her out of bed. She kept telling me she wanted to play with me today and not play with new friends.

She finally perked up after breakfast and cooperated getting dressed. When I pulled the backpack out, it's like a light bulb went off. She was dancing around and so excited about taking her new backpack to school. She was all smiles from then on.



Karlee's backpack is just about as big as she is!



We had to stop and say hello to her fish friends when we walked in. Karlee is infatuated with fish and has to talk to them every time we see a fish tank. She walked right in the classroom, took off her backpack, and headed straight for the table to color with a new friend. I was worried about how it would go since Karlee doesn't know many of the kids in her class this year. She never looked back my way and was very content with coloring. I snapped a few pictures and headed out the door. I watched from the hall window for a few minutes to make sure a melt down didn't occur. To my surprise, it didn't. She was in deep conversation about the colors with the little girl next to her.



My little lefty!



When I picked Karlee up this afternoon, she was excited to see me. Mrs. Kim said she did great and played and participated really well in every activity they did. Her biggest comment was "Man does she like to talk!" I just laughed because I know what she means. Karlee is definitely the biggest chatterbox kid I know. It was so neat to come home and ask what she did today and she was able to tell me. She told me stories from the whole day and what kid cried and what kids went tee tee in the potty! I think it's going to be a fun year.

No comments: