Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Tube

We've been trying to fit more lake time in before summer is over and the water goes down. Karlee and I headed to the lake early Saturday morning to meet my parents. We headed out on the boat for a little riding and stopped at chimney rock because Karlee was ready to jump out and swim.



We headed back to the lake house around lunch and Karlee spotted the inner tube. She kept saying she wanted to get in it so my dad finally pulled it out. She played in it and then started using it as a diving board and jumping off of it. I think the zillion times I lifted her up in it is what caused my "I think I'm in labor" scare on Sunday.



My mom kept asking Karlee if she wanted to ride it and of course Karlee said yes every time. I knew Chip was coming up when he got off work and I really wanted him to ride with her. I get a pass due to the preggo situation! So, we kept letting her play until daddy arrived. He didn't get out of his truck good before Karlee was telling him to "come on ride wif me."



I swear my child has no fear what so ever (except pooping in the potty - another post will come on this). She rode the tube with me and my mom last year behind a wave runner but not a big boat. You would have thought she had been doing this forever. She laid back and rode with one big smile for quite a while. When it was over, she gave me a big thumbs up when I asked if she had fun. I have it all on video too but I will spare you that since I was standing beside the boat motor the whole time. The sound is horrible.



I just cannot tell you how much it means to me that Karlee loves the lake as much as I did as a child and still do today. Next year, skiing at 3 years old....think that's a little young?

No comments: